Some reminiscences,some experiences

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it,because he surely wasn't.

Monday, November 28, 2005

So it begins.....

Well I have finally started.'Well begun is half done',its said. It took a long time and lots of procrastination on my part to get to this stage.When I was in 8th standard, I once read a poem by Ogden Nash , Confessions of a Born Spectator.I have henceforth always referred to myself as a 'born spectator' which I firmly believe is a fairly accurate description of my personality.People who know me well enough not to be fooled by the external glories will at once vouch for the accuracy of the above phrase. I have always been an observant spectator to the triumphs and conquests of others in every field of life, observing everything and accepting my pre defined role as that of an admirer.For where would a performer go if there wasnt a spectator.I tried to follow my role literally too by always being there, be it a hostel play or a match or simply any event whatsoever.Untill now........

Suddenly, fate intervened and somethings changed.I suddenly found myself performing and others observering and man was I scared..I was suddenly the centre of attraction and didnt know what to make of it.For the first time in my life I am actually doing a lot of new things instead of just watching and it is an exhilirating feeling. Before coming,I made a solemn promise to myself that I wont have any regrets while coming back and I think inspite of a few hiccups... I am slowly but surely achieving my goals .So I viewed blogging in the same manner as everything else.I have been an avid blog reader since a long time but was always a bit reluctant to take a plunge myself.Many ppl advised me to start..that its only the startup hiccups...but I neither had great command on the language,nor my life was anymore interesting than others, so I always resisted the idea.Untill France happened to me....... Well yeah for the uninitiated I am in the midst of a one year exchange program to France and have enjoyed everybit of the rollercoaster ride that it has been.This time I was actually experiencing something unique,something which I had never dreamed of,living some dreams that lots of Indians dream but few actually realize.I have already seen a lot more than I thought I would ever be able in a lifetime.

So this will be my take on the life here,my accessments,my observations(cant stop being the observer tht I am,can I... ) and some frustrations. And I thank all those who egged me forward to write inspite of my deepest reservations.Hope I dont dissapoint you.If with my blog,I can steal a smile through your busy schedule of life,I would deem it a success. (A bit too melodramatic but you see I have years of reading experience behind me with none whatsoever on the writing front:)) And finally this blog is dedicated to all those intelligent young persons who have been rendered rudderless and frustrated by a combination of social compulsions and a demanding system and whom I miss so sorely here.(Now it looks like an award ceremony but Hell I dont care.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO on BIG STUD!!!;)

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will we be shown through your eyes the 20 euro show ???

2:15 AM  
Blogger mithrandir said...

SAMMY:He he well first of all Thank you very much for visiting the blog.Its really a good feeling to find some comments on the page.Well I am thinking of playing for the gallery through this blog.So be prepared for lots of masala tidbits.
About the 20 euro show,well some things have to be experienced by the person himself and not through the eyes of others:))

12:09 PM  
Blogger inhas said...

ok boss.. finally in... good first one.. keep it going...

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home